Jun 25, 2012

Martian Snow


Note: Wistful Nebulae is moving to http://mpaxauthor.com/blog/ on August 20th. The website and this blog are the same, publishing the same articles on the same days, MWF.


Did you hear about Martian snow? http://news.yahoo.com/mars-
snowflakes-tiny-red-blood-cells-162342554.html Apparently, the size and kind of dust has an impact on whether it can snow and what the snow will look like.





In sci-fi news, Falling Skies returns to TNT on Sunday nights. Season 2 started off with a bang. Noah Wylie returned from his time with the aliens. Cue Twilight Zone music ... It gives me my alien fix. Yay aliens.

Since I was home all weekend, Husband Unit and I finished watching Torchwood IV. I love this show. I hope there will be a season 5. All's I know is, one shouldn't work with Jack and Gwen. I know some griped that the show was Americanized or something. Shrug. It still surprised me, which is what I love most about Torchwood.





About half way through season 1 of Game of Thrones, too. Makes me want to start reading book 2, but I have so many books ahead of it. Siiigh.


 

On someone else's blog ... can't remember who ... they recommended watching the documentary Dear Zachary on Netflix. I have to second that recommendation. It started out being about a man who was murdered, then became something else, at least twice during the film. It was surprising and gripping, and if you write about crime at all, I think you should see it. That said, have a box of tissues handy when viewing. If you're not moved by the film, have your pulse checked. At any rate, I keep thinking about the story and the people in it.

Well, I'm back at the vet today. I hope to come out intact ... have to get the IV thingy out of her leg. Anyway, still nursing my poor cat. I think if she hadn't of been poked so much, she'd be much better than she is. Siiigh. 

On a side note ... Blogger seems to get glitchier by the day. Maybe it's just me. I can find bugs in computer software / code no one else can. It's quite a talent. At any rate, I can't wait to be done with Blogger. But then I'm in a mood today ...