Jun 8, 2012

Ode to Ray Bradbury

Four science fiction authors influenced me more than any others: Ray Bradbury, Arthur C. Clarke, Frank Herbert, and Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

The last of my quartet of idols passed away earlier this week. Ray Bradbury died at the age of 91 on June 5th after a long illness.

I devoured his books after being introduced to his short stories in literature class in college. He was a true inspiration to me and a factor as to which genre lured me to writing. Some friends have said they think I write like him, which is very flattering. To have an ounce of his talent, I'd never claim. Any similarity is unconsciously done.

He leaves behind a tremendous legacy and volume of literary work. Fantastic stories that took me to the future and into the stars. A legacy I treasure. I'm glad I named my telescope after him.

Will miss you Ray and your incredible talent. You definitely created something memorable.






This news made me very sad this week. I don't think any of my writing heroes are alive now. Ray was the last one. Sniff.


Passion                                        


Passion fueled Ray and it fuels me. I'm at Greta van der Rol's today talking about one of the biggest passions that inspires me and my writing.

Sunday, I'm being interviewed by Lorna Suzuki. Who told me on the Twitter she believed I did everything right. That's nice to hear now and then. Yes?

Will be up at PMO this weekend. What are your plans for the weekend? Hope you have a good one.