Jul 13, 2011

Ripple Dapple

My entry in the Poetry Schmoetry Blogfest hosted by Small Town Shelly Brown of Writing with Shelly




I don't write much poetry any more, but it still influences how I put sentences and paragraphs together and how I think of language and use it.


Ripple Dapple

Ripple dapple
rays skip away
Pink melodies dance
they steal away

Crests break onto
black
while pennies sail on
Colors swirl vital
ignition now void

Splash, soar, desire
refresh the beat

Tear

tear

an opal moon dives
Soul love soul
in sapphire mist

Starry, starry night
spinning in my head
burn my dreams
you leave me cold

Do you write poetry? If not now, have you ever? Does it influence your prose at all?

Believe it or not, this was orignially composed on a typewriter. The way the words were laid out on the paper was very different. Something that can't be duplicated digitally. Pity.