Oct 7, 2010

Evil Dead Under the Moon

This Sunday, I will be reading "Under the Moon" at the Bend Public Library, 2:00 p.m. For more information on this short story, see: http://www.mpaxauthor.com/biblio.php?storyid=32

The featured author this Sunday is Denise Fainberg. She has lived in the Northwest since 1988. A freelance, writer, her work has appeared in the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Spiritual Life, and other publications. When she’s not traveling, she teaches foreign languages at Central Oregon Community College. She lives in Bend and is the author of Oregon: An Explorer’s Guide, and most recently, Washington: An Explorer’s Guide.

For more information: http://www.deschuteslibrary.org/2ndsunday/

Welwyn Wilton Katz is holding an online workshop. She is an award-winning, highly acclaimed author writing for young people. For more on Welwyn and her workshop see: http://blog.booksbywelwyn.ca/2010/10/you-want-me-to-read-your-writing.html#comments

I've been teasing my husband that I'm going out with my boyfriends tonight. For a 'thank you' for our dedication over the summer, the observatory is taking us to dinner and a show. The Evil Dead. I told them I hate zombies, but I suppose that if it's in the Thriller vein, I can handle it. I'm sure it will be fun.




Next week is a huge, big literary week. The Guild's annual special event, Literary Harvest, is next Friday. Saturday is the revision workshop with Elizabeth Lyon. See, http://centraloregonwriters.blogspot.com/

Diane Hammond is reading at the library on Thursday night and I'd like to go. She gave a wonderful presentation to the Guild about a year ago. From her I learned there are levels of rejection.

There's a critique group meeting on the 18th. Guild meeting on the 25th. Ursula K. Le Guin is reading at Camalli's on October 29th. Critique group meets again November 1. I have a workshop with Nature of Words on Saturday, Nov. 6th then I'm reading at the library again on November 7th. Saturday, November 13th is the sci-fi convention in Portland, Orycon32, and I'm signed up with a writers workshop for it with one other amateur and two professional sci-fi writers. Critique group again on the 15th. Then another Guld meeting on November 19th.

What have you got going on? To all of you unpublished and seeking, keep going and learning. Keep reaching out to people. Knowledge is your best offense.