Feb 9, 2011

Universe's Most Distant Object

The universe's most distant object. From NASA and Hubble. Cool!



This video is a zoom into the Hubble Space Telescope infrared Ultra Deep Field, first taken in 2009. It is a very small patch of sky in the southern constellation Fornax. The zoom centers on the farthest identified object in the field. The object, possibly a galaxy, looks red because its light has been stretched by the expansion of the universe. Credit: NASA/ESA/G. Bacon, STScI (no audio)




So, I return to normal life this week. Last week I got caught up in revising my first novel. I decided on the spur of the moment to enter ABNA. I did not make the cut off. General fiction closed about 5 minutes before I entered. That's OK. It motivated me to revise my first novel and get it done a helluva lot quicker than I would have without such a tight deadline. Now it's ready to go back out into the agent gristmill. So, I'm getting queries together. Every time I send one, it will be like entering a contest.

Anything that motivates me to get something done is worth the effort. If only I could find such a thing to motivate me to move faster on my second novel revisions. I decided I have to set weekly goals and get better about time management. This time to the novel. This time to short stories. This time to queries / submissions. This time for editing. This time for cyberspace. My goal this week is to edit the next chapter.


Thank goodness I love writing.




This coming Sunday is 2nd Sunday at the Bend Public Library. Ellen Waterston is the author of note. Program begins at 2:00 p.m. I'll be reading "Recycled" if there is open mic. You can find out more about this piece of flash fiction on my website: http://www.mpaxauthor.com/biblio.php?storyid=36


So, that's what I've been up to. How about you? What have you got going on?